Pages

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Adding rules to modules?

In the vein of silly questions here's another one!  I am currently working on a fairly big module, I should have it out in a little while, but I am wondering one thing.  Should I add in some quick start rules at the start of the module.  In the past I've added links to some of the fine OSR products that are out there, and will continue to do so in the future.  However my thought is "what if this is the first product someone picks up?".  Obviously if they are on one of the wonderful download sites like drivethrurpg already that should be familiar with the OSR movement, and a lot of the clones, etc right?  I know quite a lot of modules that include some fun / gonzo house rules, which I am planning on incorporating as well.  I just tend to wonder if a simple "here's how the game works, here's a few sample characters" etc, would be a added bonus or not?

any thoughts from you wise sages would be beneficial.


No comments:

Post a Comment