Pages

Monday, November 28, 2016

Sleep eluded me last night

I blame minecraft.  I should not have started playing that again!

After our 5e session on Saturday I've been thinking a lot about what I'll do when its my turn to run it again.  Our group has 5 people and 4 of them are DMs.  What I have found is that the system has started to make a bit more sense to me, which is good.

I posted about my old 2e monster manual, and how I'm just going to go thru stat out the monsters I plan to use (with 5e stats on stickies).  As well since I already printed off the basic DMG I've got some monsters.  As well there's the SRD that has a bunch.

The random campaign Idea I had was to basically not have any preconceived worlds, modules, etc.  For the most part because I want to stay far away from Forgotten Realms, and or any players reading modules and gaining some spoilers.  The other thing is I really want to create something entirely my own.

The first thing that came to me is the Conan The Barbarian movie with the Lizard/Snake King James earl jones guy.  What I would really like to do is setup a basic hex crawl on a "god forsaken island" and have the PC's just explore.

I think the starting point for the whole situation is that the PCs will be tossed from a boat a mile or so off shore, they will have been previously political prisoners, or just regular prisoners from the world in which they came from.  Rather than have prisons and dungeons in their home land, the powers that be ship them off to another continent.  Not unlike what Australia was originally used for...

So the whole thing is going to be this f**ked up Swords & Sorcery swamp land, where basically everyone is out to get the players.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks to Wizard Dawn I've got the gist of my maps and locations for our mutant future campaign, now its time to start filling in the backstory of the region, the factions, etc.  One thing that I was going to add was a shout out to Narcosa.  I had told my players about Narcosa and they were all very intrigued by it.  What I plan to have is a region within the map, that is a giant hole.  At the bottom of the hole is a community of stoners who live off agriculture and giant mushrooms (that have mind bending effects).  Around the hole are huge posts that keep out intruders and random scary mutant monsters.  Most of the people who live in the hole are unaware of things happening in the outside world.


No comments:

Post a Comment